Sunday, July 29, 2018

I have to come first

"In the case of an emergency, please put your mask on first, then assist other." Something along these lines are said on every flight I have been on. They are also true in your day to day life.

Children will suck the life right out of you. They don't mean too. They are tiny humans, humans that need their parents for everything. Physically, mentally, emotionally and so much more. It is a taxing job, being a mother.

My girls need me differently then they need there dad. I know this. I'm okay with this but that doesn't make the feeling of being constantly needed any easier. I have to care for them, but who has to care for me.

I have to care for me. While my husband really tries to care for me, he can't make the noise and touching go away. I can't either, but what I can do is remeber to care for myseld a little each day.

Self care is not something I am good at. Especially when I'm overwhelmed or stressed. I have to constanly remind myself that I need me time. As a wife and mother it is hard to sometimes find time for me. This means I have to set aside, not find, I have to plan time for me.

One of the biggest changes I have made to have time alone is to go grocery shopping (almost) alone. (The baby still will go with me for a few more months.) It has een wonderful and quiet. During the week I have to plan at least a few minutes to was my face or drink hot coffee or read a book by myself.

This past week I got to use a face mask and went to coffee with some lady friends of mine. It was amazing.

This week I plan to finish reading my book, drink hot coffee three times and take a hot bath.

Have a wonderful week
Lepeka

No comments:

Post a Comment